Our Green Agenda
Our Green Agenda
GOING GREEN MAKES GOOD BUSINESS SENSE…
It makes sense to reduce waste and recycle more. We want to play our part in protecting our planet, but we also know it’s good business logic. Our environmental policies work because we use fewer resources which equals less waste. As a result, we are able to keep our prices competitive and consistently improve our efficiency.
ABSOLUTE CARBON REDUCTION
We are committed to reducing our carbon emissions yearly so that together, we can all halt climate change.
Since 2018 Impress Print Services has formerly measured and verified our carbon footprint as a business, as part of our work towards supporting our sustainability goals and strategy.
REDUCING CARBON YEAR-ON-YEAR
Driving continuous positive change through our actions, people and reach
ABSOLUTE CARBON REDUCTION
REDUCTION AFTER SALES GROWTH
TOTAL CARBON FOOTPRINT
CARBON PER EMPLOYEE
NEXT ANNUAL TARGET
Absolute carbon emissions for scope 1 & 2 reduced by 63% between 2022 and starting measurement in 2014. Impress Print Services total carbon footprint sources include Scope 3; water, waste, business travel & commuting. Our total carbon footprint reduced by 17.8% in 2022 compared to 2021, which is fantastic, against an annual target of 5%!
Click here to view our annual Planet Mark Certificate
Impress are proud to be a Carbon Balanced Printer with World Land Trust.
We are focused on taking a balanced approach to our emissions by following a three-step process to measure and reduce, before offsetting residual emissions.
World Land Trust’s Carbon Balanced programme enables us to offset our residual carbon emissions through the protection and restoration of carbon-rich wildlife habitats in the tropics.
Since 2016 with the World Land Trust…
Impress Print Services have protected a total of 4,597.2 tonnes of carbon from release into the environment and preserved 551 acres of critically endangered forest. The equivalent to 313 football pitches or taking 1,366 average petrol cars off the road each year!
Source: 2022 Defra GHG conversion factors to CO2e
CARING FOR OUR NATURAL WORLD
Here are some short films about World Land Trust and their amazing conservation projects. We also invite you to also visit our Carbon Balanced Page to learn more about the Carbon Balance programme, conserving animal and plant communities and how we can help you reduce your carbon footprint.
But we’re not done yet!
A SNAPSHOT OF WHAT ELSE WE ARE DOING…
We work relentlessly to review our processes and introduce ways to improve on what we print, how we print it and keep our carbon footprint to a minimum.
- Solar renewable energy powers our office and factory
- We recycle the majority of our waste streams
- Our house paper is a quality sheet which is chlorine and acid free, recyclable, FSC® certified and Carbon Balanced
- We use vegetable oil based inks
- We conserve water
- We work to continually reduce our landfill waste
- Ensure low levels of industrial alcohol used in the print process
- Constantly monitor our energy consumption
- Our energy use is mapped against machine impressions for accurate efficiency assessment
- Journeys are carefully planned for efficiency
- We run the ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme and actively encourage all staff to get on their bike!
- We help our customers to reduce the carbon impacts of their marketing communications and helping them meet their carbon reduction objectives
- Sharing knowledge and understanding of print related environmental or ‘Green’ terminology, see ‘Environmental Lingo’
NO TIME TO WASTE…
We are proud of how we organise our waste and consumption of resources and ensure whatever cannot be recycled is either reused, recovered or disposed of responsibly.
A few examples of our innovative recycling streams are:
- Plastic chemical drums are sorted into reusable or damaged drums
- Damaged drums are shredded and re-used in items such as motorway drainage pipes
- Larger drums are converted to use as ink funnels to aid the recycling of inks
- Residue inks are used as fuel to start blast furnaces or as low grade fuel
- Our aluminium plates are melted down and re-used as raw material
We also recycle our plastics, light tubes, ink cartridges, ink tins, …in fact, everything we can really!
The paper industry has come on leaps and bounds over the last few decades and paper is now one of the most renewable and sustainable raw materials there is.
Impress select papers to produce excellent, professional print results, and we aim to assist and inspire print buyers to make that ‘green’ choice.
Visit our ‘Environmental Paper’ page to find out how…
We recognise that working closely with colleagues and the community to engage on energy efficiency is key to reducing our carbon footprint. In addition to the above initiatives we are proud to volunteer our support to some great projects.
Visit our ‘Supporting Communities‘ page to find out how we make a difference…
2020 – 2030 is the ‘Decade of Action’ for carbon reduction and we all need to play our part. Impress are at the forefront, focused to help reduce carbon impact and provide sustainable communications. By asking us for Carbon Balanced Print for your project we will be doing what we can together to help protect our planet for future generations to come… and the good thing is WE WON’T CHARGE A PENNY EXTRA.