We recognise that working closely with colleagues and the community to engage on energy efficiency is key to reducing our carbon footprint.
We are proud to volunteer our support to some great projects which really make a difference…
- In addition to our work with the World Land Trust, Impress work closely the Woodland Trust and their Woodland Carbon Scheme to create new UK woodland and harness nature’s simple and powerful way of removing carbon dioxide from the environment.
- Employee fundraising in 2015 enabled the creation of 250m2 of new native woodland which will absorb at least 10 tonnes of carbon dioxide.
- To help the Woodland Trust plant more trees, we collected boxes of unwanted cards to donate towards the hugely successful M&S National Christmas Card Recycling Scheme. M&S has an ambitious target to collect and recycle more than 6 million Christmas cards to plant 6,000 trees – a really worthwhile project, which Impress are proud to be a part of.
- We celebrate and promote FSC® Friday each year at the end of September. Our staff have contributed to our Forest Gallery and took part in our FSC Logo challenge! We have been delighted to award competition winners £25 each to donate to a charity of their choice. Staff donated to: West Sutton Little League Football, Action On Hearing Loss and Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
- Impress sponsor the Caterham Pumas FC Under 14s Girls Football Team and the Croygas Blues FC Under 13’s Football Team, funding their kit to ensure the team are looking their best on the pitch!
- Our Christmas fundraising prize raffle was put together by our staff and raised a whopping £376.20 for the ITV’s Text Santa Christmas Jumper Day Charities; Macmillan Cancer Support, Make-A-Wish® UK and Save the Children.
- Christmas Jumper Day 2016 raised a total of £317 which we were delighted to donate to Save the Children.
Enjoy trees and love the woods
At Impress we encourage everyone to enjoy their local forest, woods or park. To find out where your local green space is, VisitWoods.org.uk.