We have switched our energy supply to use 100% renewable source electricity as part of our commitment to continually reduce our impact on the environment.
WHAT IS RENEWABLE ENERGY?
Renewable energy is energy generated from natural resources that quickly replenish themselves and can be used again and again such as solar, wind, tidal, wave, geothermal heat, hydrological or hydroelectric, biomass and wood.
WHY ARE IMPRESS CHOOSING RENEWABLE ENERGY?
Impress are firmly committed to reducing our environmental impact, increasing our positive social impact, being a good employer and driving sustainable, profitable growth.
Switching to 100% renewable source electricity means that each unit of electricity we take from the grid is replaced by a unit of renewably-generated electricity.
We want to make a difference and provide a green future for our business, our clients, families and those around us.
WHAT ELSE ARE IMPRESS DOING?
As well as using 100% renewable source electricity…
- Impress are proud to be one of only a handful of Carbon Balanced Publication Printers in the country.
- We recycle the majority of our waste streams
- Our house paper is a quality sheet which is chlorine and acid free, recyclable, FSC®certified and Carbon Balanced
- We use vegetable oil based inks
- We conserve water
- We work to continually reduce our landfill waste
- Ensure low levels of industrial alcohol used in the print process
- Constantly monitor our energy consumption use
- Our energy use is mapped against machine impressions for accurate efficiency assessment
- Journeys are carefully planned for efficiency
- We run the ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme and actively encourage all staff to get on their bike!
- We help our customers to reduce the carbon impacts of their marketing communications and helping them meet their carbon reduction objectives
WHAT ABOUT THE PAPER INDUSTRY, DOES IT USE A LOT OF RENEWABLE ENERGY?
Like all major manufacturing, paper-making is an energy-intensive endeavour. However, it is also Europe’s biggest industrial user and producer of renewable energy and sustained efforts have reduced CO2 emissions by 20% in a decade, click here to learn more.
GOING GREEN MAKES GOOD BUSINESS SENSE…
It makes sense to reduce waste and recycle more. We want to play our part in protecting our planet, but we also know it’s good business logic. Our environmental policies work because we use fewer resources which equals less waste. As a result, we are able to keep our prices competitive and consistently improve our efficiency.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR THE PRINT BUYER?
By buying sustainable goods and services you can…
- reduce your impact on the environment
- save natural resources by choosing products and services that use recycled materials or waste as a raw material or resource.
- improve your business’ reputation